Many dog owners are concerned about the safety of play-doh, especially when their pets start chewing on it. While it is non-toxic for kids, there are some potential risks to be aware of. Here’s what you need to know about play-doh and your dog.
Play-doh can be dangerous for dogs, especially if ingested in large quantities. The biggest concerns are that it can cause an intestinal blockage, which can require surgery to remove.
Additionally, the ingredients in play-doh are not meant to be ingested by animals and could cause digestive upset or even more serious gastrointestinal problems.
If you suspect your dog has eaten play-doh, call your vet immediately. Depending on the quantity, your vet may recommend monitoring the dog closely and/or inducing vomiting. In more serious cases, surgery may be necessary.
To prevent any potential harm to your pup, it’s important to keep play-doh out of reach. Store it in a container that can be closed tightly and disposed of immediately if your pet does get into it. You should also be vigilant about cleaning up any play-doh that does get on the floor or furniture, so your pup doesn’t ingest it accidentally.
With these precautions in place, you can keep your pup safe and let your kids have fun with their play-doh toys.
Many people don’t know that play-doh is actually toxic to dogs
Despite play-doh often being associated with playtime and being a popular children’s toy, it’s important to remember that play-doh can actually be toxic to dogs.
When playdoh is ingested, components such as milk proteins, sodium borate, and wheat flour, to name a few, can cause vomiting and diarrhea in dogs.
If left unnoticed or untreated, play-doh toxicity can actually lead to other health issues such as seizures and kidney disease.
So the next time you play with play-doh near your pup, make sure to keep it away from them!
Play-doh contains a chemical called xylene which can be harmful to dogs
Play-doh is usually seen as a safe and fun play activity for children, but it’s important to be aware that play-doh can be toxic to dogs.
The play doh contains a chemical called xylene which can cause vomiting, drooling, and difficulty breathing in dogs, if consumed.
It is best to keep play doh away from your canine friends, both when in play form and also after being put away. Play-doh can easily crumble and become small pieces that are more difficult for us humans to spot but still accessible for our furry friends.
Take the extra precaution of keeping play-doh out of reach of dogs to ensure their safety.
If your dog ingests play-doh, they may experience vomiting, diarrhea, and difficulty breathing
Play-doh is an entertaining play material for children, but can be highly toxic to dogs if ingested. Dogs may experience serious and potentially life-threatening symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and difficulty breathing.
If you suspect your dog has eaten play-doh, it is essential to contact your veterinarian right away. Do not attempt to make your dog vomit or induce any other reaction, as this could be highly dangerous if not done correctly under professional guidance.
Your vet will determine the best course of action and advise you on how to keep your four-legged friend safe and healthy in the future.
If you think your dog has ingested play doh, contact your veterinarian immediately
Play-doh is undeniably fun, but unfortunately, it can be toxic to dogs. If you think your pup has gotten into play doh, it’s essential that you take action right away.
Contact your veterinarian immediately and provide them with as much information as you can about what play-doh was ingested, the amount that was consumed, and when this happened.
The sooner you act, the better the prognosis will be for your furry friend. Timely intervention could be a lifesaver!
You can prevent your dog from eating play-doh by keeping it out of reach or investing in a pet-proof container
Play-doh is a fun modeling compound that can keep kids of all ages entertained, but it can be dangerous for your pup.
Play-doh contains common ingredients found in play-doh that are toxic to dogs, so it’s important to keep play-doh out of the reach of your four-legged friend.
Investing in pet-proof containers is an effective solution for play doh storage: these airtight containers limit a canine’s access and are reliable, as they feature tamper-resistant latches.
Taking these precautions will help keep your pup safe and play time enjoyable!
Play-doh is a common household item that many people don’t realize can be harmful to dogs.
If your dog ingests play-doh, it may experience vomiting, diarrhea, and difficulty breathing. If you think your dog has ingested play-doh, contact your veterinarian immediately.
You can prevent your dog from eating play-doh by keeping it out of reach or investing in a pet-proof container.